There are so many amazing story times on Facebook, Instagram and on authors' websites. I've linked a few that I know of, and I will update this list when more pop up!
1. BBGB Books: One of our favorite local bookstores BBGB Books in Carytown is going to put their popular story time online! They also offer free same day delivery for local orders over $20 placed by 3pm.
2. Chris Haughton: Author and illustrator Chris Haughton has story time and an art activity every day at 1 pm. He posts all his activities on his website now, so you can watch them anytime.
3. Good To Be Me Books: Local author & mom Jessica Parham is reading a new book every day. She is a mom of three little ones, and they are sharing their favorite books in her IG posts ( @goodtobemebooks ). They are always available.
4. Henrico County Library: Henrico County Library is posting their popular in-person story times on their Facebook page. There have already been a few uploaded to FB: a Lapsit Lambs, Mother Goose and Family class!
5. Mac Barnett: Author Mac Barnett has story time at 3 on IG Live. It stays up for 24 hours.
6. Magic & Merriment: A local #RVA company hosts Storytimes with Princesses on Facebook and Instagram. This week (3/27) they have hosted two Princess Pajama Parties at 6 PM for their followers. These storytimes stay active for 24 hours. You can also purchase FaceTime sessions with the princesses! Send a DM to @magicandmerriment on IG for more details.
8. Penguin Kids: Penguin Kids launched LIVE Story Time Read Aloud on Penguin Kids' Instgram ( @penguinkids )and Facebook pages. There is a new story every weekday at 11 on IG and 11:15 on FB. You can also visit this website for reading tips for children of all ages.
9. Pete the Cat: Join Pete the Cat's Book Club! Every day at noon James Dean, creator of Pete the Cat, hosts a live virtual time with drawing activities on his Instagram ( @petethecatofficial ). Also, Pete the Cat is now free to stream on Amazon! This website, a virtual book club for preschoolers, has a week of Pete the Cat themed lessons, too.
10. Save with Stories: Jennifer Gardner and Amy Adams started this Instagram account to share stories and raise money for #nokidhungry. This IG account ( @savewithstories) posts celebrities reading stories daily. All stories are in the feed, so they are always available for children to listen to.